JOYCE GOLBUS POLL, MA
Grant Services Consultant
Education: Joyce earned her Bachelor’s Degree from Northern Illinois University, her Master’s Degree from the George Washington University, and attended the University of Chicago University where she completed all coursework toward her Ph.D. in curriculum.
Experience: As a former CEO, a fundraiser, and a program administrator, Joyce possesses a unique blend of backgrounds. She has been involved in helping organizations create winning, innovative, and pioneering proposals for over 20 years and holds an expertise in securing funds to support primary health care service delivery, community-based initiatives, and vulnerable populations. One of her most recent accomplishments was authoring one of only two Children¹s Health Insurance Program proposals funded in Illinois by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and in the subsequent grant cycle, authoring one of four Children’s Health Insurance Program initiatives funded in the country for homeless youth.
Joyce’s success in writing numerous proposals that resulted in the establishment of several high profile programs spawned her career as an independent grant writer. She ventured out on her own in 2004 after an extensive career in nonprofit administration.
Grants Awarded (Not Exhaustive):
- Bureau of Primary Healthcare – Health Resource Service Administration (HRSA )
- Health Center Programs Funding/Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC)
- School-Based Health Centers
- Bureau of Health Professions – Health Resource Service Administration (HRSA)
- Primary Care Training and Enhancement, Predoctoral Training in Primary Care
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Children’s Health Insurance Program/CHIP
- The Office of Population Affairs (OPA)/Office of Family Planning (OFP),
- Title X (family planning)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- HIV Prevention Program
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Cooperative Agreements to Benefit Homeless Individuals
- Department of Justice (DOJ) – Office of Violence Against Women
- Culturally and Linguistically Specific Services Program
- Transitional Housing Assistance for Victims of Domestic